A book every physiotherapist must have!
The Pelvic Girdle continues to provide the busy clinician with the latest evidence and clinical tools/knowledge to immediately impact and enhance daily practice for the management of lumbopelvic-hip pain and disability. This fourth edition has changed fundamentally in presentation and content to provide the clinician with the evidence and clinical tools for effective practice.
The model presented in this edition -The Integrated Systems Model and the Clinical Puzzle (Lee D & Lee L-J 2007 – 2013, Lee D 2013 – current), facilitates effective clinical reasoning, hypothesis development and prescriptive treatment. It is highly unlikely that there will ever be enough research evidence to meet the needs of a clinician who is faced with patients presenting with a wide and variable range of single and multiple impairments every day. Clinical expertise (knowing how to do the right thing at the right time) comes from disciplined, reflective practice and it is hoped that this text will help more clinicians become expert in this field.
- Presents an evidence-based approach to the examination, diagnosis and treatment of the lumbopelvic region
- Demonstrates how clinicians can translate knowledge derived from scientific research into clinical practice and also use knowledge gained from clinical practice to evaluate the relevance of the scientific research
- Highly illustrated descriptions of tests and techniques for practice
New to this Edition
• Book now available in full colour online!
• Log on to www.thepelvicgirdle.com and use your unique PIN code from inside the book to view the following:
• Over 240 video clips demonstrating tests and techniques
• Full colour e-book
• Further case studies (one case is written in the hard cover book, 8 more are online)
• Historical perspectives and the evolution of myths pertaining to the pelvis (written by Dr. Andry Vleeming)
- This book is a must if you are taking any of Diane Lee's physiotherapy courses. It dives straight into very detailed and advanced content, however, so does she during her lectures!
- This book is a gold mine of information for movement specialists. I use so many of the assessment and treatment techniques every day in my practice.
- Excellent source for knowledge and creativity in the physio’ setting. It’s beautiful to see the way Diane Lee keeps improving her ideas.
About the author – Diane Lee
Diane Lee is a member of the Canadian Physiotherapy Association (CPA), a Lifetime Membership Award recipient and Fellow of the Canadian Academy of Manipulative Therapists and recognized by CPA as a clinical specialist in Women’s Health for her expertise in the thorax, pelvic girdle and abdominal wall. She is the owner, director and practicing physiotherapist at Diane Lee & Associates (www.dianelee.ca) and the lead developer and instructor of an online/in-class education company Learn with Diane Lee (www.learnwithdianelee.com). For over 35 years Diane has been passionate about helping women, and clinicians/trainers who work with women, remain healthy and active through all the challenges of pregnancy, delivery and aging.
There are no reviews yet.