Who can attend
This course is open to all ISM graduates (Discover Physio Series Graduates (2007 – 2013, ISM Graduates 2014 – 2022) who wish to update their skills, gain access to 330 videos in the ISM Flow course that is now part of the current ISM Series and also prepare for ISM certification. If you did your ISM Series prior to 2015, you will not have the complete online course material in your account and we will put it there after registration!
If you did your Series prior to 2014 you may not be in our system yet, so please email Carol at for further information on how to register for this course.
About This Course
This is a 2-day highly practical course that will update/refine your ISM skills for:
- Understanding the concept of Functional Units and how this expedites finding the relationships between drivers in different regions (trunk vs head/neck vs extremities). No more laundry list of 12 findings to play off one another – that’s exhausting!
- Learning how to use the new clinical reasoning reflection form for all functional units. The completion of this form is now required as the first part of ISM certification. Even if you don’t want to certify and become an affiliate clinic for training your colleagues/team, this form will help you clinically reason your most complex clients. This form was introduced during the 2022 ISM Series.
- Learning how the dura becomes tense and loses mobility – integrating Barral concepts with ISM for the cranium and neurodynamic mobility. When is the skeleton causing the loss of neural/dural mobility and when is loss of dural/neural elongation causing changes in the skeletal behaviour. This impairment is usually a result of unresolved physical, emotional, and or social trauma and we will go deeper into Porge’s Polyvagal theory and Deb Dana’s clinical application of the approach to assist in managment of these persistent conditions.
- Integration of ISM and spinal deformities such as structural scoliosis – with guest lecturer and DLA associate Judit Orban – more than a lecture this time!
- Any thing special you want to review – i.e. update on DRA, update on when to spend time ‘waking up’ a muscles (Stage 1 training) vs moving straight to movement training etc. You just need to tell me!
Come join Diane and the senior ISM assistants for 2 days of learning and take home more ISM tools to improve your efficacy and efficiency.
Once registered you will have full access to the relatively new ISM Flow course package, completion of this is the first part towards ISM certification.
To prepare for your update course, please go to your Courses under your profile and review any or all of the new material that is there since you did the ISM Series – it updates every year!
Akasha Studio at Diane Lee & Associates
101-15303 31st Ave
Surrey, BC V3Z 6X2